The International Centre for Capacity Development (ICCD) is a world-class capacity building organization established to provide human skill development globally. ICCD is a private initiative, registered and recognized by the Government of Canada. Its core mission is to support Governments, Civil Society Organizations and the Private sector to enhance the productive capabilities of their human capital for sustained productivity and performance in the context of sustainable development and the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals. Our continuing professional development programs (CPDP) are responsive to the needs of organizations from more than 130 countries.
ICCD is governed by a board of leading Internationalists who are high level officials with experience from the private and public sector institutions. They possess high level academic and professional qualifications from top Universities and leading educational Institutions around the world. The diversity of our structure reflects our true international profile.
The Centre has provided and demonstrated core competencies in the following development themes with Governments, Non-Governmental Organizations, the Private sector, Civil Societies, International organizations and Aid agencies.
ICCD Programs and services are delivered in English and French for all our courses in Canada, UK, South Africa, Dubai, Ghana & Rwanda. For special courses held outside Canada, English, French, Arabic and Spanish are used depending on the clients’ preferences.
ICCD works with Senior and Middle level officials from Governments, overseas development agencies, donor & bilateral agencies, multilateral agencies, development institutions, the private sector, development banks, consultants and NGOs.
To respond to the diverse nature of our clients, our entry prerequisites for participation in any of our scheduled courses are based on open access policy. It is however expected that participants will be mid-career and senior level professionals with at least one year of relevant experience in their job schedules.
ICCD Programs and services are delivered in English and French for all our courses in Canada, UK, South Africa, Dubai, Ghana, Rwanda, UK and Swaziland. For special courses held outside Canada, English, French, Arabic and Spanish are used depending on the clients’ preferences.
- ICCD is a well-known, firmly established and respected international institution in Canada and the region, with a proven track record in consulting and capacity building
- ICCD has an assortment of multicultural staff, facilitators and resource persons and multicultural participants from diverse economies with rich experiences
- ICCD provides personalised care for participants needs and sensitivity
- Our trainers are without question leading figures in the industry and are highly experienced practitioners with sound proven track records in capacity building and development assignments
- At ICCD, we ensure that skills and knowledge gained through participating in our training courses will have profound practical impacts.
- A strong IT/ICT base forms the core of our methodology for presentation and training.
- ICCD has in place the best learnerfriendly environment, with state-of the-art training facilities and cost accommodation which we operate in partnership with local hospitality entrepreneurs.
- The centre has a worldwide database of professional resource persons complementing ICCDs local consultants. There exists also a strong client database for development partnerships
- Our professional staffs are experts in their professions, and they facilitate the transfer of knowledge to our participants for increased productivity and performance at all levels.
ICCD prides itself on its success in integrating capacity building and CPDP into client consulting services to create a successful sustainable development partnership. We believe that development projects and transactions are measured not only by the advice provided, but also the capacity developed for our clients, be they public or private sector corporate clients. ICCD strives to transfer the core tools and managerial know-how to our clients, to enable them to manage their projects satisfactorily to meet perceived objectives.
In line with ICCD objectives, we are committed to providing a wide range of off-program schedule, customized in partnership with clients by means of in-house or CPDP in the client’s country.
Our executive management CPDP outlined on this site is intended to empower and capacitate Government employees Worldwide to plan, implement and monitor their projects, whilst creating an effective regulatory and monitoring mechanisms to improve performance across the various functional arms of National Governments.
We currently have effective systems and structures in place to provide and conduct courses in English, French, Spanish and Arabic in the client country where group size makes it economically feasible.
At ICCD we believe that all our consulting assignments should contain significant capacity building components with a set of high standard benchmarks as a measure of our input in the development industry.